Shinkle Society Soiree
Join us on Saturday, August 13 for Bourbon and Bites at our 2016 Shinkle Society Soirée! This annual event serves to formally recognize and celebrate members of the premier giving circle at Children’s Home of Northern Kentucky. Always held in mid-August, the Soirée is scheduled to coincide with the birthday of CHNK’s founder and society namesake Amos Shinkle.
This year’s festivities will take place on the gorgeous front veranda of CHNK’s historic, Hannaford & Sons designed administration building in Devou Park. Jeff Thomas Catering will be serving delectable morsels that pair with the bourbon samples provided courtesy of DEP’s Fine Wine & Spirits, all against the backdrop of the Ohio River our founder once traveled. Guests will also enjoy live music courtesy of a trio of local musicians.
During the event, we’ll also be announcing our 2016 Bridge Builder of the Year award recipient. Previous recipients of the award include:
- Ann Monroe, great-great granddaughter of CHNK founder Amos Shinkle (2011)
- John Mocker, Vice President of Lally Pipe & Tube and former CHNK Board President (2012)
- PNC Bank and PNC Bank President Kay Geiger (2013)
- Lisa and Normand Desmarais, NKY business professionals who restored and now live in Amos Shinkle’s original home in downtown Covington (2014)
- The Carol Ann & Ralph V. Haile, Jr./U.S. Bank Foundation and Haile Foundation Vice President Chris A. Bochenek (2015)
Please note, tickets are no longer available for this year’s event. We hope you’ll join us next year!
To view current members of the Class of 2016 Shinkle Society, please click here. To add your name to the list, please contact the CHNK Office for Development at 859.261.8768 or firstname.lastname@example.org!