Community Board of CHNK
Established in 1935 as a volunteer fundraising group at Children’s Home of Northern Kentucky, the Community Board has one goal: to provide hope and opportunity.
The individuals who comprise today’s Community Board look a bit different from the original board in 1935. Today’s members are no longer the wives of the (then) male-dominated Board of Trustees. They are now business professionals, entrepreneurs, activists, parents, and philanthropists making time in their busy 21st century schedules to put the needs of at-risk youth on their priority list. They do this in multiple ways:
When CHNK participates in community events, Community Board members assist our Development Office in bridge building with the wider community. Whether it’s a Memorial Day Parade, an agency recognition event at a Reds game, or a local music festival, these volunteers (and often, their families!) show up to help raise awareness for CHNK and the youth in its care.
Interested in joining?
- The board meets monthly, typically at 6:00 p.m. on the second Tuesday of the month
- Meetings are currently held virtually to best adhere to social distancing best practices, but we hope to eventually resume meeting in person on CHNK’s Devou Park campus in Covington, KY
- Members make a minimum, annual $50.00 tax-deductible donation to CHNK
- Members agree to actively raise funds in support of the annual Charity Ball
- Despite the name – which, in the 1930s made sense since it was a “junior” board to the higher-ranking Board of Trustees – there are no age (or gender) requirements for membership
Become a part of the Community Board legacy! For more information on joining, contact the CHNK Office for Development at 859.261.8768 or email [email protected].